NBT-Mang Insurance Agency’s Workplace Insurance Program allows employers to offer more benefit choices that don’t affect your company’s employee benefits budget. As an independent agent, we have the freedom to offer your employees a wide array of voluntary benefit choices from a variety of insurance carriers that they can select based on their personal needs. Once your benefit choices are set, we will meet with your employees either as a group or on a one-to-one basis.
Our team of sales and service professionals are devoted to clients. Contact a team member today to see how we can help you.
Dan Grady, Account Executive, Norwich Office (Click on Dan’s name to learn more about him)
Teresa Schunk, Account Executive, Sidney Office (Click on Teri’s name to learn more about her)
Margaret Booth, Account Manager, Oneonta Office (Click on Peggy’s name to learn more about her)
Maurice Isaac, Account Manager, Utica Office (Click on Maurice’s name to learn more about him)
Voluntary employee benefit plans differ from traditional group plans in three key areas as noted below.
- Contributions - Unlike traditional group benefits (such as medical, dental & disability) that require the employer to pay some portion of the premium, our voluntary plans require no employer contributions. Voluntary plans are sponsored by the employer, but the premiums are paid 100% by the employee through the convenience of payroll deduction or electronic funds transfer.
- Enrollment Percentage - Traditional group benefits require high levels of participation (typically 75%) but voluntary programs generally require only 10% of the eligible employees to enroll, and plans from some insurance carriers have no participation requirement at all.
- Premium Reduction – Employees may qualify for reduction in premium for home and/or auto insurance coverage.
Listed here are some common advantages to having a voluntary benefit program.
Enhanced Benefit Program - Employees or prospective employees have access to a greater array of benefits that they can choose from based on their individual needs.
Employee Retention - Companies with strong employee benefits packages have lower employee turnover and find it easier to attract prospects looking for employment. This is critical when the employment pool is reduced due to high levels of employment.
Group Rates - By utilizing the purchasing power of your group, the employees get access to benefits at low group rates.
Favorable Underwriting - Disability and life insurance coverage are extremely difficult to find on an individual basis if the insured has a less than favorable medical history. These voluntary products have simplified underwriting requirements, or in many cases, are guaranteed issue with no health questions!
Available Benefit Plans
Our Workplace Insurance Program can be tailored to suit the needs of your business. We work with you to develop the right plan to suit your employees’ needs. Available benefit plans include the following:
- Personal Cancer Indemnity
- Personal Accident Indemnity
- Critical Illness
- Long & Short Term Disability
- Long Term Care
- Universal and Whole Life Insurance